Many people ask, how does cold laser therapy work? Cold laser therapy is highly effective in treating many health conditions because of the profound effect that it has on the cellular changes that it makes within the body:
- Reduces pain by causing the production of natural pain killer endorphins
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain and heat, and enhances the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes
- Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing
- Stimulates the release of helpful healing enzymes
- Releases tight muscles (both smooth and striated) that create chronic pain, joint problems and decreased mobility
- Speeds bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation
- Low level laser in the correct frequency appears to be antiviral, antifungal and antiherpetic
Osmosis (transfer of essential nutrients) cannot occur across the cellular membrane of a de-polarised (sick) cell. Consequently, delayed healing, chronic disease, scars, fatigue and accelerated ageing is observed. Cold laser reenergises (re-polarises) injured cell membranes and increases the mitochondria energy by 150% which speeds and improves the healing process.
(Jan Turner and Lars Hode, The New Laser Therapy Handbook – Prima Books).
Read more about Cold Laser Therapy Work.
Read more about Laser Medicine Low Level Laser Therapy Services.