We have developed Low Level Laser Therapy protocols for treating Hypothyroidism caused by Hashimoto’s Disease at our clinic in Harley Street, London. Laser Therapy for Hypothyroidism offers patients a natural and effective solution for managing the symptoms of an under-active thyroid gland such as tiredness, brain-fog, muscle and joint pain, puffiness, weight gain, low mood and depression. We provide Laser Therapy in conjunction with maintaining a food nutrition plan recommended for Hashimoto’s Disease plus appropriate supplements such as Iron, Selenium and Vitamin D.
Our working Low Level Laser Therapy (Photobiomodulation Therapy) protocols for treating Hypothyroidism caused by Hashimoto’s Disease are informed by leading research (published clinical trials carried out in Brazil and Turkey), along with our experience in the clinic and the wider field. We offer patients an effective and affordable solution to improve thyroid function and, working with their prescribing doctor, to potentially reduce hormone replacement therapies such as LT4 (Levy-thyroxin), Armour etc.
Many patients world-wide, have found Laser Therapy for Hypothyroidism / Low Level Laser Therapy for Thyroid (LLLT) an effective natural health solution for the improvement of an under-active thyroid gland function (hypothyroidism), and for the relief of its associated symptoms. We have a lot of admiration for our courageous patients who are continually seeking new and effective therapies for their autoimmune condition.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) also known as Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBMT) improves cellular function in the following ways:
- Promotes tissue repair and regeneration.
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative damage.
- Increases blood flow.
- Softens scar tissue and releases it through the body’s natural waste system.
- Relieves pain.
- Relaxes muscle tension.
We also advise patients to maintain a healthy diet, sleep, exercise and rest in order to support their mental and emotional health throughout their healing journey. All these factors combined help rejuvenate damage thyroid tissue, and to improve energy and functionality throughout the entire system
Who can receive treatment
- Patients who have received a diagnosis of an under-active thyroid gland, indicated by above normal levels of TSH, or below normal T4 / T3.
- Patients who have received a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s Disease, indicated by above normal levels of antiTPO and antiTG.
- Long-term studies carried out by the research team in Brazil showed that patients with nodules on the thyroid gland were not excluded from the trials, and showed improved thyroid function too.
Recommended course of treatments
- The total length of theLaser Therapy for Hypothyroidism treatment plan is over a 3-month period.
- Blood tests and ultrasound optional) are taken before the Laser Therapy begins to assess current levels of TSH, FT4, FT3, Vitamin D, Iron, antiTPO and antiTG.
- LLLT (Photobiomodulation Therapy) is applied during the first 3-4 weeks (6 sessions in total).
- After 6 weeks blood tests potentially indicate a decrease in TSH and an increase in T4.
- In conjunction with your prescribing doctor, LT4 may be reduced to 25mcg per day.
- After 6 further weeks bloods are checked again to inform further medication and potential withdrawal from LT4 completely if appropriate.
Please note that many of our patients continue with Laser Therapy for Hypothyroidism on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to maintain thyroid function on-going. We can help you assess if this is the right course of action for you.
A course of 6 Laser Therapy treatments is £1,400.
For more information please refer to our Fees.
Please Contact Us to discuss your condition and an appropriate course of treatment.
Please refer to these following research articles for more information: