Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) also known as Therapeutic Laser, has a wide range of applications for many musculoskeletal conditions and offers an effective non-invasive therapy for sports injury rehabilitation. We have achieved remarkable results for the healing of physical trauma and sports medicine. Treatment times are quick with high application comfort. We utilise Class 4 therapeutic lasers informed by years of experience in the field of sports injuries. We provide a perfect solution for all pathological conditions that affect sportspeople, thanks to the combined effect of bio-stimulation of damaged tissues and pain reduction.
Therapeutic laser applied at the time of an acute injury radically speeds up healing times, and in the case of chronic injuries, persistent pain is also resolved. We regularly help with sports injury rehabilitation to include the following conditions:
- bone fractures
- torn ligaments
- tendons luxation
- tendon inflammatory pathologies
- damaged cartilage
- muscle strain
- joint injuries
- vertebrae / disc protrusions
- chronic pain
- chronic injuries
- acute injuries
- soft tissue and/or muscular conditions.
Laser therapy for sports injuries and tissue repair
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) creates an increase in the production of ATP (energy) within the mitochondria at a cellular level. This results in rapid healing of damaged tissue and also resolves pain, which is usually associated with the above conditions. Light must be applied at the correct wavelengths between 600-1000nm and at an energetic power of at least a class 3b / class 4 laser therapeutic laser.
Laser Therapy for sports injury rehabilitation works at four fundamental levels:
- Anti-inflammatory – Therapeutic Laser produces an anti-oedema effect. It promotes vasodilation and activates the lymphatic drainage system (draining the oedematous areas). Swelling caused by traumas and / or inflammation is reduced.
- Analgesic – Therapeutic Laser positively affects pain receptors: it increases the pain threshold while reducing the transmission of pain stimuli to the brain. Pain is also reduced thanks to the anti-inflammatory and anti-oedema effect. Low Level Laser Therapy also triggers the production of endorphins.
- Improved vascular activity – Therapeutic Laser also significantly increases the formation of new capillaries, thus accelerating the healing process of damaged tissue, quickly healing wounds and reducing the damaged area. Benefits for sports injury rehabilitation also include increased angiogenesis, which causes vessels dilate temporarily. The increased supply of blood in the damaged area facilitates the healing process and reduces pain.
- Metabolic activity increase – Therapeutic Laser increases the production of specific enzymes for the transport of oxygen, also positively impacting on the repair and regeneration of damaged cells.
Laser therapy for sports injury rehabilitation is a perfect solution for sports injuries. For acute injuries, LLLT reduces inflammation and starts to heal the injury more rapidly than otherwise. For chronic injuries, laser therapy dissolves old scar tissue and waste left within the tissue, then promotes the production of fresh healthy tissue.
Research is available to read here.
Please Call Us to contact your specific requirements.